By Liz Townsend Bird, The Food Bank for Central & Northeast Missouri, Women’s Network Chair
Afterglow: A pleasant feeling that lingers after something is done, experienced, or achieved. The afterglow of success.
This is how I feel after attending the Women’s Network Holiday Party at Les Bourgeois Bistro this week! It was a wonderful evening of networking and celebrating. CHEERS to the Women’s Network Special Events Committee for their hard work to make this year’s event one of the best holiday parties the Women’s Network has hosted. Thanks to our Leadership Team and Committees for creating amazing auction baskets. We raised $1,220 to support scholarships for Women’s Network members to further their professional development opportunities. Talk about #RiseAndLift!
Thank You to all who played a role in this year-end event!
- Veterans United, our Presenting Sponsor
- Les Bourgeois for the beautiful location, delicious refreshments, and excellent service
- Andrea Lyn Events for the beautiful décor
- EquipmentShare for sponsoring our party gifts
- Jenna March and her yummy cocoa bombs
- Lisa Wampler and XSIV Entertainment for the always entertaining photobooth
- Trent Rash and David Hall for sharing their talent and holiday spirit
- And most importantly, to all who attended! Your engagement with Women’s Network is where the magic happens.
I am excited for what 2023 holds for Women’s Network. Be sure you stay up to date with our schedule. You won’t want to miss our upcoming mixers, luncheon programs, and of course the ATHENA Awards Banquet (Save the date: May 18th!)
I hope you all experience moments of afterglow throughout the holidays! Wishing you and your families a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Liz Townsend Bird
Women’s Network Chair, 2022-23
Director of Development
The Food Bank for Central & Northeast Missouri