Women’s Network invites members to apply for leadership positions! As usual, we have many terms coming to an end; we will be filling three Steering Committee positions and a number of Co-Chair positions.
Co-Chairs and Steering Committee members: benefit from gaining leadership experience while serving next to other influential leaders in Columbia (as well as leading their committees), help in setting goals for each committee at the beginning of the program years, and identify opportunities for expansion and improvement of Women’s Network!
Leadership Position Terms
Steering | 3 years | Begins July 1, 2020
Co-Chair | 2 years | Begins July 1 , 2020
Explanation of Roles
Co-Chairs are the leaders of the committees. They help to encourage committee involvement by working to delegate tasks to the committee in an effort to achieve committee goals. Outside of committee meetings, a few of a Co-Chairs’ tasks might be:
- Communication with speakers and partner agencies when it pertains to committee projects or events
- Sending emails, checking-in on projects, touching base with the Women’s Network Director and Steering Committee when needed
- Attending meetings when they pertain to events or programs
Steering Committee Members
The Women’s Network Steering Committee sets policy and ensures the division’s efforts align with overall mission and goals. Steering Committee members act as a guiding post in support of the co-chairs. They will also report back to the Steering Committee any issues or opportunities that the Co-Chairs inform them of, to maintain cohesiveness within the committees. Outside of committee meetings, a few Steering Committee tasks might be:
- Check in with Co-Chairs or assist in decision-making/problem-solving situations
- Attend Committee Leadership meetings when decisions or tasks need to be made quicker than committee meetings allow
- Emailing or corresponding with Director of Women’s Network when needed
- 1 monthly meeting for your respective leadership positions (Co-Chair Committee, or Steering Committee)
- Attend, when possible, WN events and/or programming
Interested in applying for a position but aren’t sure if its a fit?
Browse our leadership, and send them an email! Or feel free to contact the Director of Women’s Network, Deena Kahn, with any questions.