With the 2016 ATHENA International award ceremony right around the corner, everyone should be taking the time to nominate an individual that has made a difference in their life. In this wonderful mid-Missouri community we call home, and with all the fantastic members we have in Women’s Network, we are hoping to see dozens of nominations roll in for this prestigious award. Remember, you can nominate anyone in the community that embodies the ATHENA spirit, man or woman, Chamber member or not. To get you started, here’s some helpful tips on nominating that special person today:
- Look around your office and the people you do business with every day. ATHENA recipients demonstrate professional excellence in everything they do and in everyone they meet.
- Team up with other friends to nominate a deserving person. Sometimes multiple perspectives give a well-rounded explanation about why this person deserves the award. Plus, the selection committee loves to receive multiple nominations on a single person and it really helps them stand out.
- Think about individuals that are always giving back to the community. Community service is a pillar of the ATHENA awards and there’s lots of that going on in Columbia.
- Honor your mentors that have given so much of their time and attention to others. ATHENA International award recipients actively assist women in their attainment of professional excellence and leadership skills.
- Do it today. The nomination period is open now, and closed January 15, 2016. Don’t miss out on this unique opportunity to honor someone that truly deserves it.